Monday, February 8, 2010

More on the UCR show!

Like Liz said, our first big performance with the group was a lot of fun! It was amazing to see how much equipment and manpower is required to put on each (re)generation show. There is so much to prepare, but I think the lights, videos, props, and other storytelling elements make (re)generation a lot different than most taiko performances.

When it came time for the actual show, I was a lot less nervous than I thought I would be. Nonetheless, it was still really exciting to perform in front of a big audience! My favorite part of the show had to be all of the chaos that occured backstage. I love all the running around and the last minute adjustments. It's such a rush when you have barely enough time to get into a new costume, move a drum, and get ready to play!

Aside from a few small mistakes, I thought the show went really well! It was really inspiring to see the older TP members do their thing and go through the show. It was Byron’s last performance with the team. I’m glad I had the chance to be part of it! I look forward to doing the show again!

No comments: