Saturday, November 20, 2010

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Tanabe!

This past Saturday, 11/13... one more Deguchi sister was wed. And back by popular demand, TaikoProject was asked to perform at her wedding... or rather... my sisters took full advantage of their performing monkey...=( In either case, members of TP graciously came to celebrate the union of my sister and her new husband along with 300 guests (and 150 were from JAPAN!) The ceremony and reception was held at the beautifully expensive Langham Hotel in Pasadena and true to my sister's taste... it was an extravagant affair!

since no post is complete without a few visuals.. here are some photos from the wedding

The newest addition to our family of girls:

TP with their newest/youngest fans (my cousin's son and daughter, Troy and Kelli)



Back in October, Liz wrote about my mom's 60th birthday. And just like his auntie, my little nephew has just been CRAZY for the drums....So after our performance at my mom's party, he came straight to the drums and starting playing Expanding! (just kidding)
*Note: he requires no guidance to this drum... he went all on his own =D



After my sister's wedding performance, he wasted no time and just went straight to the drums. He proceeded to follow me even as we were packing up.

Presenting the future of American taiko






(Disclaimer: No drums were harmed or dirtied in any of these photos... =D)

No comments: